The school’s “master’ calendars (i.e. the ones that you should trust if there is any conflict, dispute or other confusion) are in Google and are synced hourly to Canvas. There are four groups of calendars that may be of interest. Click the links below to view (and, optionally, add to your own Google Calendar) these calendars.
First, calendars by people who are expected to be there:
- Color Schedule — the color blocks (conveniently adjusted for five day weeks, special schedules, etc.). A handy trick for Mac users.
- Co-Curricular Calendar — non-class day-to-day events
- All School Calendar — important events that are posted to the website calendar (hence the [TAGS] on the event names, which you can just ignore)
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Academic Technology Training
- College Counseling Events for VI Formers
- Coming Soon: College Counseling Events for V Formers
- If you need to reserve a room for an event, general directions can be found here.
- If you would like to peruse individual room calendars, click the drop-down menu triangle next to Other Calendars in the left-hand sidebar of Google Calendar and Browse Interesting Calendars. Under the More tab, you will see “resources for St. Mark’s School”, which lists all room calendars.
iPad/iPhone note: If you would like to adjust which calendars that you already subscribe to on the web show up on your iPad or iPhone, follow the directions here. (Short version: set up the calendars above that you want on your computer, then go to https://m.google.com/sync/settings/ on your iPad or iPhone and follow your nose.)
I want to learn more about how Google Calendar can make my life better (for certain, highly-specific, definitions of the term better)!