Getting Started with Lucidchart
An easy-to-use diagramming tool integrated with Google Apps.
Lucidchart is a web-based diagramming tool that allows users to collaborate in real time to create flowcharts online, as well as Venn diagrams, mind maps, and mockups for websites or mobile apps. Students and teachers can make comments, add images, import videos, and much more—all without leaving the editor.
If your school needs a simple, modern diagram maker, Lucidchart provides a free premium version to all accredited educational institutions. Use it as a flow chart creator, Venn diagram maker, mind map maker, or to visualize nearly any topic or classroom task. Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Log in to Lucidchart at: https://www.lucidchart.com/users/login
- If your school uses Google Apps for Education, you can also log in from https://www.google.com/drive/ by clicking the App Launcher (see below), then click “More” and select Lucidchart.
- You can also create a new Lucidchart document from Google Drive by clicking “Create” and selecting Lucidchart.
Lucidchart allows anyone to visualize tasks, ideas, and processes by dragging and dropping shapes onto the canvas. Once you’ve logged into Lucidchart, click “More Shapes” on the bottom-left side to see all of the use cases we support. You’ll find that Lucidchart is an easy-to-use diagram maker, flowchart maker, and even a Visio online alternative. Below are a few examples of what you can build with Lucidchart:
Design / Layout
Lucidchart also includes collaboration features like multiple-user commenting and editing, real-time chat, and document sharing.
How can I get help with Lucidchart?
These resource centers can help you get acquainted with Lucidchart and explore its functionality in more detail. If you ever encounter a problem with Lucidchart, check out these links and you’re likely to find an answer.
- Lucidchart Tutorials Center. Visit our tutorials to find FAQs, links to video tutorials, user community discussions and answers, and tips to get the most out of Lucidchart.
- Lucidchart Support Home Page. Lucidchart’s help center has dozens of Q&A posts to help users save time.
- Lucidchart Beginner’s Guide. This guide for beginners delivers answers to users’ most common questions, along with additional resources.If you can’t find what you need, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the requirements for using Lucidchart?
To use Lucidchart for St. Mark’s School, you will need:
- To be a current St. Mark’s School student, teacher or administrator.
- The latest version of any web browser (Google Chrome is recommended).