Is there a website or web based tool you want students to use regularly?
You can add a button to the course navigation menu in your course and students.
1. Copy the URL for the relevant site, say http://www.wordreference.com
2. In the relevant Canvas course click the Settings button:
3. Now click the Apps tab:
4. Scroll down to the Redirect tool button (a blue curved arrow) and click the button.
5. Click “Add Tool”
6. Fill in the dialog box. Name and Link Name can be the same.
(Link Name is the text that will appear on the button.)
Click “Show in course Navigation”. Click submit.
7. When you reload the page the button will appear in the course navigation menu: